There are many different types of facility services out there. They can include anything from cleaning and maintenance, to lawns and grounds maintenance, to security and event planning. It all depends on the needs of the specific facility.
A facility services company such as Eikcon provides various services to a facility, usually commercial buildings or businesses. These services can range from cleaning and maintenance services, to grounds maintenance. Basically, if there is something that needs to be done in order to keep the facility running smoothly, the facility service will take care of it. Facility services are a great alternative to hiring multiple contractors, as they provide all of the services that you need.
When engaging a facility service provider you need to consider a few things:
1. You need to consider exactly what services you are looking for. Are you looking for a company that will clean the building on a regular basis? Is there some type of maintenance that needs to be performed? Does this facility service provider also provide grounds maintenance? These are all questions that you need to ask and get answers to before signing on with a facility service provider.
2. You need to consider the type of company that you are looking at. Is this a local company or is this a national company? The answer to this question will help you determine if the facility service provider has the resources and manpower to provide the services that you need.
3. What systems, processes and software do they user to keep track of all tasks and ensure quality, services and value? Do they have a set of standards that the business follows? Asking these questions will help you determine if this facility service provider is professional and reputable.
4. What is the cost for these services? This is important because you want to be sure that the prices are fair. If the facility service provider does not have a set rate for services, ask about their hourly rates and how they charge for overtime. The more time it takes to complete a task, the more it will cost you.
5. What is the pricing model? The way you pay for services should be straightforward, easy to understand and include no hidden fees or charges. Ask about discounts and what happens if the service provider cannot finish a task or job.
In conclusion, facility services is the umbrella term for a wide variety of services that are necessary for the upkeep and maintenance of commercial buildings. These services can be provided by in-house staff or by outside contractors, depending on the needs of the particular facility. The most important thing to remember is that facility services are an essential part of keeping any commercial building running smoothly and efficiently.